- Airawat is the Best wooden furniture shop in Pune. The minimal exposure to sunlight saves furniture from fading away. Keep them at normal temperature. .let it age with grace. Keep it away from sharp objects. Wax them regularly. Use warm water for cleaning.
- Use a soft cloth to wipe – The use of warm water and mild liquid soap. We can wipe it, but not soak the furniture. Use a soft brush for tough stain. We can use a soft cotton cloth or paper towels to make sure it is clean. Also, dry off with a soft cloth.
- Use Soft-paste wax to protect the finish or shine – For maintaining the finish use good quality soft paste wax after cleaning. Apply as directed on the label of wax. Apply a thin coat as directed on the label. That will keep furniture’s life-long.
- Keep away from direct sunlight – The summer temperature can be harsh and can fade away the shine of the furniture, also causing the furniture to dry or shrink. To avoid this we can use good tables cloths to prevent exposure.
- Use of a humidifier will help up to bring the moisture up – always remember do not to place the furniture near heating units. This will cause the wood to dry and shrink, leaving cracks. The use of a humidifier in the dry months will bring the moisture up.
- for a quick fix, use shoe polish or markers – Using appropriate shoe polish on scratches to make them less visible especially on the feet of furniture. Careful use can help in matching and hide it even better.
- Remove metal hardware from your furniture before polishing and shine
Take off the metal hardware from furniture before polishing otherwise the metal piece gets black. You can use a metal polish to get the shine back. Once done, fix them back. Beware of scratching of wood.
- Wood is not hungry
Oil or polish cannot penetrate the wood. It cannot be enriched with polish. Polishes and oils do not penetrate it anyway. Once it has a protective finish over it. For beauty and protection, the wood is sealed.
- Remove spots with mild abrasive
While using the wooden furniture, knowingly or unknowingly, it comes across the white hazy ring or spot that the hot coffee mug or hot pizza box. To remove them there are many ways, to rub with such as non-gel toothpaste mixed with baking soda or cooking oil mixed with ashes. We can rubber it with our finger or by using a soft cloth on larger surfaces areas.
9. Using soft surfaces to prevent the damage can be less harsh
To prevent any scraping from the vacuum cleaners, we can use a soft screen over the tip of the vacuum surface, or by using a brush attachment.
- Paste waxes are ideal for wooden objects
Semi solids can damage wooden objects. Unlike other undesirable contaminants like silicone or high concentrations that damage organic solvents, mainly paste waxes are an excellent polish for the surfaces of most wooden objects.
All this helps our beautiful wooden furniture to live long with grace. In Baner, Airawat is one of the best wood handicrafts shops. www.airawat.com.