Organized Your Modular Kitchen Well
You’ve probably experienced that sheer delight of brand new kitchen designs, everything in its place, everything spic and span. Within a couple of weeks, you might find yourself wondering where all that gorgeous space and efficiency went. Kitchens tend to fall into familiarity all too easily.
Here are some ways you can keep your kitchen looking ‘new’ long after the first flush has died out:
- Organize your cabinets! Apart from dividing your items by function, you can also arrange them by convenience – pots and pans near the stove, glasses and bowls near the refrigerator and so on.
- Keep utensils in a pot, jar or crock. You’re probably using stirring spoons with a great deal of regularity, so keep them in a pretty tall jar on your countertop. This will keep them handy without cluttering your workspace.
- Keep a separate drawer for oddities. Scissors, post-its, recipe scraps and notes – there are a lot of things that drift into your kitchen that don’t exactly belong there. A separate drawer will help you keep track of them while keeping them off your countertop.
- The trash factor: it’s always in question what you need to keep and what you need to throw. If something has stayed in your fridge too long to be reused, work past your reluctance to throw it out. Separating your garbage into recyclable and non-recyclable will go a long way to easing your conscience.
- Use open shelves wisely. Since they’re high on visibility, Modular Kitchen might be useful for things you prefer to display, like glassware. A row of storage jars might also add charm to the overall look. Avoid putting in random items of different sizes and functions.
- Use transparent or labeled jars for your spices. It goes a long way towards tidying up your kitchen and speeding up your cooking.
- Use dividers in your drawers. This can help you out with smaller items like spice jars, herbs, etc. It’s not just about keeping things pretty – you’ll find that it’s a great help with staying efficient in your kitchen.
- Cling foil, aluminum foil, and paper napkins can have their separate shelf or dispenser, keeping them within easy reach but out of your workspace or countertop.
- Keep cleaning! Apart from your daily clean-up, try and do some major thorough wiping down and clearing out on a fortnightly basis, at least. Empty drawers, clean them, re-arrange – you’ll find it a little therapeutic.